What is roulette casino game?
Roulette is a game of chance. It consists of a spinning wheel with either 37 or 38 numbered pockets. The idea is simple – spin the roulette wheel one way; the ball will spin round the other way. Players must bet on where the ball lands before the wheel comes to a stop. There are many ways to play this game, and chances of winning and payouts vary.
There are various combinations of bets, on both individual numbers and groups of numbers, and you place these bets in the “inside section”. The “outside section” is where you can place wagers on a on a variety of matching pairs of bets, each of which covers 18 numbers. There are several options available starting from high or low numbers, odd or even, and red or black.
General roulette casino game rules
A roulette wheel comes spinning disk with pockets around its edge that revolves around the base of a bowl. You spin the ball around the outside of the bowl until both the wheel and ball come to rest. The ball lands in one of the pockets around the wheel that are numbered from 1 to 36 in a seemingly random pattern and alternate red and black. There is an extra green division, which is 0. Please note there is an additional green division of 00 on American tables only. It improves the house edge.
Before rolling the ball, you must place bets on what number will come up. Bets are placed by laying down chips on a betting mat. The chips indicate the exact location of the bet. Here are the rules for roulette casino:
- Place a bet on the indicated spot on the roulette table. Don’t worry – the dealer is there to guide you!
- As per roulette rules, bets can’t exceed table limits.
- You must place bets before the dealer declares that no more bets can be placed.
- The winner is paid by the dealer. They also touch the chips of the players with losing bets.
- Roulette rules state that you can’t touch the marker of the winning number during any playing session.
- Payouts are given for different types of winning bets as per a paytable.
How to win and lose at roulette casino game?
Who wouldn’t want to win big (roulette)? Here are some roulette tricks to remember:
Place several corner bets
Increase your chances to win big (roulette) at the table with this roulette trick. Start the game by placing multiple corner bets at the roulette casino. Please select the corner closest to the winning number. Typically, payouts for the corner bets are somewhere around 1:8. Considering the higher chances of winning them, it is safer than most other types of bets.
Steer clear from single number bets
Don’t be too thrilled about the payout on the single number inside bets! You don’t have many chances of winning at roulette casino games this way. Play this only occasionally if you want to practice. It is best to stick to the ones that have higher odds of the player winning.
Use the classic Martingale strategy
The Martingale strategy is an all-time favourite amongst roulette casino enthusiasts. The concept depends upon covering up the losses by increasing the betting amount after every loss. The objective of doing this is to recover all previous losses with one single win. But you must start small and keep betting on black or red while the game is on.
As is evident from the name, this roulette trick is just the opposite of the Martingale strategy. The amount of money you bet goes up after every win. The player must bet on one colour, or either type of numbers, be it even or odd.
Bet on a low minimum and high maximum table
This is a convenient roulette trick to boost chances of a win! You must bet smaller amounts on red or black. You might give a shot at odd-even bets too, because these have the best chances of a win.
This strategy is targeted towards covering up prior losses. It also remains ahead by at least a small margin. To put it in a nutshell, it requires every third bet amount to be the sum of the prior two bets you lost.
The Bond strategy
If you have are a newbie at roulette, then consider the Bond strategy. You must place 3 bets simultaneously. For example, you place Rs.100 bet on zero, Rs. 150 on the 19 to 36 boxes and Rs. 200 on the 13 to 18 boxes. Thus, the odds of losing go down to the possibility of the ball striking numbers between 1 and 12 only.
You don’t have to keep your eye on the roulette online, to win big from this casino game. In fact, you can try low-risk high odds bets, such as the odd or even or black or red bets. The payouts could be low, so don’t get disappointed. You always have the chance to double your investment! How? By re-investing it on the high-risk single digit inside bets. It doesn’t matter which gambling strategy you follow, but there is always the chance of losing.
This word of caution isn’t for discouraging players, but it is imperative to stay alert. If you lose multiple spins in a row, there are chances you won’t be able to recover your losses. It is advisable to begin afresh after a certain number of spins.
How do you play roulette online?
For a round of roulette, you place your chosen bets after being prompted. Once that happens, the roulette table displays up to 10 of the highest possible payouts. These are based upon numbers you have selected. While the game is on, the results column shows a history of the most recent winning numbers. Hot and Cold numbers – the ones drawn frequently and infrequently, respectively, are noted too, along with a red/black and odd/even result ratio.
Spin the roulette wheel, and before the ball hits the wheel, you make a bet on the table. Eventually, the wheel comes to a stop and the ball lands on a number pocket! Players on the table, who have selected the right number at the correct odds, win. The next round begins after completion of this round, and the game goes on this way. If Lady Luck smiles upon you, then you can win big (roulette)!
Play roulette games online – know about the different bets you can place!
- Straight Up – You can place this single bet on any number at the roulette table.
- Split – You must bet on two numbers simultaneously. Place your chip in-between two numbers and if the ball lands on either number, you win.
- Street – This is when you bet on three numbers simultaneously. But there is a catch – all must appear in a row on the grid of numbers on the roulette table. The payout is at 11:1.
- Corner – The bet is also known as a Square or Box of Four bet. You place this bet on a block of four numbers on the grid. You must place your chip at the meeting point of all four numbers. Winning bets pay out at 8:1.
- Six Line – It is a combination of two Street bets. A bet on two adjoined street is a so called Six Line bet. You make bets by placing chips at the intersection of two streets. The odds are 5:1.
- Five Number – Please remember you can only play it in American Roulette. This is a bet that is rarely made; it involves both zero pockets (0, 00) and 1, 2 and 3. You should place the chip on the edge of the adjoining line between the zero pockets and the 1, 2 and 3.
- Neighbour Bet – Place a bet on five numbers all next to each other rather than on the table, e.g., 15, 34, 22, 5 and 17. You may also hear it be called as a 22 Neighbour Bet in American Roulette.
Take a reading pause – now let´s continue the learning
- First 12 – A bet that is placed on the first dozen numbers on the roulette table (1-12). You place the bet on the 1st 12 section of the table.
- Second 12 – A bet that involves the second row of 12 numbers on the roulette table (13-24). You place the bet on the 2nd 12 section of the table.
- Third 12 – A bet that is made on the third batch of 12 numbers on the roulette table (25-36). You place the bet on the 3rd 1” section of the table.
- 1-18 – You must place this bet on numbers 1 to 18 using the chosen section on the roulette table.
- 19-36 – You must place this bet on numbers 19 to 36 using the selected section on the roulette table.
- Even – Place bets on all even numbers on the table. The Even section is next to the Red section on the table.
- Odd – Place bets on all odd numbers on the table. The Odd section is next to the Black section on the table.
- Black – Place bets on only the black numbers on the table. You can make this bet by placing chips in the Black designated area of the table.
- Red – Place bets on only the red numbers on the table. You can make this bet by placing chips in the Red designated area of the table.
Roulette live casino
Casino websites usually have a “Live” tab where games take place in real-time. So, sign up, and look for roulette live game.
Select a table
Roulette live games are open round the clock, but some tables might not be active. This happens when the dealer is on a break.
Place the bets
If you enter the roulette online game in the middle, you can’t interfere with the bets already being made. You need to wait for the game to end, and then place the first bet. Just click on the chips you want to bet on and move them over to the betting table. Make sure to check out the different betting options. You might be unsure about what a bet is; if that is the case, click on the available options. All possible winning numbers are highlighted on the betting table.
You must place the bets before the countdown clock says zero. All bets officially close when that happens. After the roulette ball lands in one of the numbered pockets, if you picked a winner, you receive payouts successfully.
Are you content with your prior bets? If yes, go ahead and choose similar ones for the next rounds! If you feel confident enough, double your previous wager, which is common for Indian players using any of the betting strategies discussed above. You can even create a new set of bets by clicking on the chips and moving them to a new location on the betting table.
Roulette live games are some of the most action-filled and inclusive games available at online casinos today. These roulette casino games are entirely online and streamed in HD quality, so there are no downtimes, seating limits, and other limitations of land-based casinos!
How to play roulette with real money?
It is super easy to play roulette online with real money as there are numerous deposit options for players’ convenience. Here goes:
- Go ahead and select the type of roulette game you want to play.
- Pick your table and place bets.
- Spin the wheel after placing the bets.
- The ball comes to stop on one of the numbers.
- If you win, you get the amount automatically in your casino account.
When you play live roulette online, it is as close as you can get to a physical brick-and-mortar casino without actually going to one. As mentioned above, it is a roulette casino game that you play at a live-streamed physical table. The game is hosted by an experienced live dealer. They tell you exactly how to place bets, when to do so, how to drop the ball on the wheel, and so on. Live dealer roulette is the ideal choice for anyone seeking the genuine live casino “feel”, while having similar social interaction as one would at a land-based casino.
There are a couple of features available in the roulette live version:
- Bet creator – It lets you create customized betting patterns. This can be done even when the game is going on. Once you are ready, insert it into the game. This part is useful if it takes you some time to come up with all bets, or you wish to plan.
- Lucky Dip – Select between 5, 7, or 8 straight bets you want to place. Then let the system randomly place your chips on the betting table.
Please remember that you must place your bets within a time limit, while playing a roulette live game. After you are done placing bets, get ready to spin the wheel. Simply click the relevant button to start spinning. Sometimes, the live dealer will do it for you!
How to play roulette casino game with real money?
Playing roulette casino game with real money means a relatively low house edge. What does it mean for casinos? They must make players wager more on spins! This is necessary so they get the volume of bets required to make good profits!
This type of roulette is also known as rapid roulette. It differs from the traditional setup, by offering the game in video form. Players must place bets on a video board. The wheel won’t be virtual; a live dealer operates it. Some casinos have the mechanism to make the ball spin electronically. However, once it hits the wheel, it can land wherever! Payouts are immediate and automatic. You receive the money in plenty of time to make your next play.
Those who are seeking a quick in-and-out variant of roulette can try their hand at this version of the game. It is quick, you don’t have to talk to other players or a dealer, and you get money instantly.
Different types of roulette casino games
The American version is the most accepted version in online casinos these days. The defining characteristic of American roulette is the presence of both a 0 and 00 pocket. The order of numbers from 1 to 36 housed between the couple of zero pockets, vary in other versions of roulette. Table layout is same, while house edge on single number bets in American roulette is around 5.3%.
The European version differs from its American counterpart, in the aspect that it has a house edge that is just half. European roulette has 37 pockets and a single zero space. The house edge of 2.6% makes it more attractive!
Double Ball Roulette
This roulette casino game was first played in Vegas. You play it with two balls, and it brings a lot more excitement than the normal version of the game. It was played on a European wheel, so the house edge is equally low.
This is even more thrilling than the double ball roulette! You get to bet on eight wheels at once in these roulette games. The only thing is you must place the same bet on all active wheels. It means aren’t making eight bets on each round. This is a good strategy because it would become complex after few spins. Instead, you get to select which wheels are active. Remember, all eight wheels don’t have to be spun at the same time. But if you want, you can let the balls fall where they may.
Wondering how the payouts for wins work? It is probably simpler than you think. Let´s say that you for e.g., bet on black. If all four, out of eight wheels show black, you would win from all four wheels.
The concept is same, but the game takes place on a 13-number wheel. A bet that doesn’t cover zero will only lose half if the ball ends in zero. In regular roulette, you would lose it all.
How does roulette casino game work?
This is one of the easiest games to play as it is based only on luck. After every player makes inside or outside bets on the roulette table, the wheel spins and drops a ball. This ball moves through the multiple numbered sectors. Both the roulette wheel and ball stop together – players who have bet on the number on which the ball lands, win. Brush up on the roulette rules before playing.
What are callouts?
These are also called Announced Bets and are generally common in French roulette. Sometimes, they are used in European roulette too. The major difference with such bets is that the groups of numbers you can use, depends upon their location on the roulette wheel, instead of the betting table. The four bets are called Neighbours of Zero, Third of the Wheel, Zero Game, and the Orphans.
Are online roulette casino games fair?
These roulette online games use random number generators (RNGs). The purpose is to ensure fair and unpredictable results each time. Reputed casinos always use renowned software developers with games that are tested regularly. When you play with live dealers, a physical wheel is set up. It ensures fair results on each spin and gives you a chance to win big (roulette).
What does zero (or double zero) pay out in roulette?
If the ball lands in the green 0 or 00 pockets when you place an outside bet like red or even numbers, it means you lose the bet. But you can bet on zero or double zero (if you play American roulette). 0 or 00 pay out at odds of 51/1, while 36/1 on a European table and 37/1 on an American table are the odds of hitting.
Is it possible to bet on red and black at the same time?
Of course, you can place you bets on red and black without any problems. But experts usually advise against this because the bets effectively negate each other. Thus, you can’t really win big (roulette). You must consider the green pocket too, so there is a chance that you could lose on both.
Do roulette strategies work?
You must use a strategy correctly, so it can affect your game in a positive manner. But you can’t utilize it to tweak roulette rules. A successful strategy in roulette only changes the odds of winning. It also depends on how lucky you get with the bets.
Ready to win big (roulette)? This is one casino game where you don’t have to learn complex rules, as it is a game of chance! Sign up at a reputed online casino, read the roulette rules, find out the roulette tricks and start playing! But don’t forget to get yourself a good casino bonus before you start.