What is baccarat?
You get to play this thrilling game of baccarat online with 8 decks of cards. The decks are in the shoe on the baccarat table with boxes to place your chips on. You have to use your guessing skills here by determining which of the two hands dealt to the player, between the Player Hand and the Banker Hand has a higher value. To win, you should have the highest possible points that are set at 9.
Rules to baccarat online
The rules to baccarat card combinations are different from most other casino games. Take a look:
Types of bets
The total of the cards on the Player box is equal to 8 or 9. You win the bet as the Player’s Hand if you bet on this box. Even money on the initial bet amount, is what you win as the payout.
The total of the cards on the Bankers box is equal to 8 or 9. In case you bet on this box, you win the bet as the Banker’s Hand. The payout here is even money on the initial amount of the bet.
The cards of the Player’s Hand and the Banker’s Hand both have the same value; that is when it is called a Tie. A winning bet on a tie is 8 times the bet amount.
Super Six Bets
If the Banker Hand wins with 6 points, the player wins. The payout will be 12 times the bet amount. These are optional side bets.
You can place these optional bets alongside the original bet on either the Banker pair or the Player pair of cards. If you want to win, the first two cards must be a pair. The payout is 11 times the initial bet amount.
Proceeding with how to play baccarat online
- 10 and the Picture or Face Cards are 0 points, ace has 1 point, cards from 1 to 9 have their face value, and 9 is the highest-ranking card.
- When total points cross 9 or enter double digits, the unit’s second digit becomes the total points of the Player’s Hand. For example, 14 will become 4.
- Either the Player Bet or Banker’s Bet, closest to 9, will emerge as the winner.
- If the sum of the totals on the cards of each of the bets doesn’t add up to 8 or 9, the dealer can decide to draw a Third Card.
- What happens if there is a tie? Neither hand will win or lose! The dealer collects and pays all optional bets, depending upon the payout table.
- The dealer always plays the first card on the Player’s Hand and then on the Banker’s hand.
- When the first two cards in any box directly add up to 9, it is called Natural 9. For instance, if one card is a Seven and another a Two.
- If the Banker’s Hand wins with a total of 6 points, the payout is 50% of the initial win amount.
Third Card rules to baccarat
The dealer can draw a third card from the deck, but here too there are many rules to baccarat:
- The first of the Third Cards in a game of Baccarat is placed on the Player’s Hand. The Player Hand wins if the total is 9. No further cards will be dealt by the dealer
- The Player Hand total should be above 6 points or less or else the dealer draws the Third Card.
- The dealer draws another card, provided the Player’s Hand total is less than 5. There is an exception though – if the Banker’s Hand adds up to 8 or 9, it means the Banker’s Hand is the winner.
- If the total of the first two cards dealt is 0, 1, or 2, the dealer draws the Third Card for the Banker’s Hand. If the Player’s Hand is 8 or 9, it means the Player’s Hand has emerged as the winner.
- In the Players Hand, if the third card has a value of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 9, the Banker draws if the Banker’s Hand has a total of 3. The Banker stands or loses if the Player’s third card is an 8 card.
Is there more? Yes, take a quick pause and then continue below:
- In the Players Hand, if the third card has a value of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7, the Players draw. If the Banker’s Hand totals 4, the Banker draws.
- If the Player’s third card has a value of 0, 1, 8, or 9, the Banker stands or loses.
- In the Players Hand, if the third card has a value of 4, 5, 6, or 7, the Players draw. If the Banker’s Hand totals 5, the Banker draws.
- If the Player’s third card has a value of 0, 1, 2, 3, 8, or 9, the Banker stands or loses. If the Banker’s Hand has a total of 6, then the Banker draws, in the Players Hand if the third card has a value of 6 or 7. The Banker stands or loses if the Player’s third card is a value of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, or 9.
- If the Players Hand’s third card has a value of 6 or 7, the Banker draws if the Banker’s Hand’s total is 6.
- If the Player’s third card has a value of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9, the Banker stands or loses.
- The Banker stands or loses if the Banker’s Hand has a total of 7.
- There will be no Third Card for either of the two hands if the Banker’s Hand has a total of 8 or 9.
How to play baccarat?
No need to go through complex instructions on how to play baccarat! You start the game by placing an initial bet on one of the options – Player Bet or Banker’s Bet, using your chips. Once players place the bets, the dealer calls out – no more bets! The dealer will deal a card – it is revealed at the Player Box, afterwards another is revealed at the Banker Box. They repeat this action two times; this is done so each box has two cards. If your bet tallies with the box that has the highest ranked combo, you win! If it doesn’t you lose. The dealer then determines if they should draw a Third Card.
The dealer conducts most of the baccarat online play, so players can focus on showcasing their baccarat gambling skills.
Here are a few pointers on how to play Baccarat:
- Please don’t go for the Tie bet. It has 8:1 payout odds, which make it all the more attractive to players. Yes, ties could happen, especially when there are eight decks. However, there is a less than 10% chance of winning, while the house edge is 14.36%. This bet won’t happen often, and the winnings aren’t adequate to make up for losses.
- It is quite likely that in the baccarat casino game, players might hit a winning streak for a short while. To ensure you don’t chase losses, learn how to quite the baccarat table, once your winning streak ends.
- Always set a win or loss limit before playing. It is easy to get caught up in the game and lose track of your bankroll. Some formats of online baccarat are extremely fast paced.
- Keep in mind that the house edge in baccarat is low. Don’t negate this aspect by playing in an online casino with a low payout percentage. The average payout percentages of most casino sites are between 96% and 98%. Only play at sites that fall below 96% – if that doesn’t happen, you might end up losing money consistently without reason.
- The payouts on side bets in the baccarat game are huge. But there is a catch – the house edge could be immense. For example, the payout on the Super Six bet is 12:1, but the house edge is 29.98%!
Play baccarat online
Wondering how to play baccarat online? You play in the same way as the traditional baccarat game. As the player, you must get the better of the banker, by ensuring you get a hand value closest to 9. There are eight decks of 52 cards involved. Players must wager on whose hand wins. Baccarat is a great choice for live players for two reasons:
- You can understand the game sans any hassle.
- There are numerous bet types and payout options.
All online casino games have a built-in mathematical advantage for the casino called “the house edge”. It is defined as being the theoretically perfect amount the casino will win in the long run, from every bet placed. So, if the house edge for a game is 1%, then the casino expects a theoretical win of Rs.1 every time you place bet of Rs. 100.
How does the casino get this edge?
It is simple – by paying off bets at lower odds as compared to winning odds. At times, the house edge is same in some games, regardless of the bets you place. In others, the edge varies from bet to bet. The house edge for each of the main bets in baccarat is:
- The banker bet has a 1.06% house edge.
- The player bet has a 1.24% house edge.
- The tie bet has a 14.36% house edge.
The ideal baccarat online play is to take the bet with the lowest house edge, which is the Banker’s bet. If you consider it that way, it is a 0.18% difference between the Banker bet and Player Bet. You can opt for the latter if you find it more enjoyable. As mentioned, steer clear from the Tie bet, as it has one of the worst house edge figures for a table game.
If you are lucky, you can chance upon a casino that offers a reduced commission on the Banker Bet. Instead of charging a 5% commission, they might charge a 4% or 3% commission or less. Any reduction in the commission on this bet results in a lower house edge for the game. It means the Banker bet is even better, so chances of winning are much more!
The different variations of baccarat game
You will surely find a baccarat game on any online casino these days. Regardless of whether you are an experienced player or a total newbie, you can take advantage of the lower house edge of baccarat. Here are a few variations you are likely to find:
It is the classic version of baccarat. It is played with six standard decks of 52 cards, and a maximum of 12 players can take part at one time. The players bet on the Player or Banker. If you feel the Player and Banker’s cards have equal value, go ahead and place a Tie bet. Decide and place a wager, wait for the dealer to deal cards, and then calculate values.
It is one the oldest variants of the game, originating from France. The aspect that sets this version apart is known as Deux tableaux, where the dealer is chosen at the beginning of each round. They are the first player to join in, or the player who has typically made the largest stake.
Chemin de Fer
This version is following the same rules as the classic variation of baccarat, with one exception. The players compete against each other, instead of the dealer. Each Player becomes the Banker by turn. The game uses six standard decks of 52 cards. Whichever Player assumes the role of Banker, sets aside a certain amount of money they wish to wager. Every player can announce a banco – it is an intervention that gives them the opportunity to match the Banker’s stake.
When the Player gets a Hand of 5, they can opt to stand or draw. The Banker gets to determine if they wish to draw another card. The Banker is funded by the house. So, if the Banker stands at Rs. 500, then one of the players wagers Rs.300, and another one wagers Rs. 200, no other players can place another bet during that round.
This is a lower-stakes version of the classic game and very popular. If you are on a tight budget, but would still like to enjoy this game, it is perfect for you. The game uses a smaller table, and the pace is swift.
How do you play baccarat online?
Enter the game – the dealer on your screen will deal all the players cards, and the game progresses the same as it is in land-based casinos. There are three kinds of baccarat online:
Live Dealer Baccarat
You can experience similar thrills of playing at a casino table from your mobile, laptop, or tablet screen. Join a single or multi-player table at baccarat casinos! The dealer will guide you every step of the way. Every baccarat game in action is live streamed. Remember – live dealer games have the largest variety of bets and gameplay styles.
It works similarly to its live dealer counterpart, but cards are dealt using a random number generator. You have a choice of playing machine dealer baccarat with other players or by yourself (other players are simulated by automation). It grants full control of the pace of the game.
Mobile Baccarat Gambling
Numerous top-rated land-based and online casinos provide an app-based mobile version of their gambling experience. You utilize the app in the same way as the web version of an online casino. Simply sign up, choose a preferred payment method, and begin playing the baccarat casino game.
Why play baccarat with real money?
If you truly want to enjoy the baccarat game, it is advisable to play with real money. Here is why:
Stakes are low
Baccarat gives players the choice to play in low stakes games, unlike other card games. You don’t require an enormous budget to participate. This format is called mini baccarat, as stated above. But there are high stakes tables too, if you don’t mind taking risks to win big amounts, as a baccarat player.
Land-based casinos are limited to just one or a couple of variations of baccarat. But when you play baccarat online, you can select online gambling sites with numerous baccarat variations. The best part is you can jump from table to table, seeking variations of your choice, without worrying about what others will think. Online baccarat means you can change variations in an instant as many times as you like.
Whether it is a deposit bonus or table game bonus, online baccarat usually comes with potentially large bonuses.
Play at leisure
Card games at live tables are usually pretty rapid. Dealers have a target to achieve, so they try to play as many rounds as they can in an hour. The goal is to reap in profits for the casino! When you play baccarat online for real money, it gives you a bit more control over game speed. You can even step away to take breaks in between games. If your previous spot isn’t available, you can quickly find another spot at the table. In fact, you might not be able to re-enter the same game, but nothing is stopping you from finding another baccarat table when playing online.
Baccarat live casino
A multi-camera format live streams high quality video to your devices. You basically get to check out the action from different angles as the game goes on. Baccarat live pulls out all stops by giving close-ups of the cards, including cutaways and wide-angled shots! This is done to give an authentic casino vibe. Baccarat live is great for those of you that enjoy the experience of having a live dealer controlling the game but don’t want to face the pressure of physically sitting at a table.
Remember, you are presented with real cards instead of virtual representations, when playing live online baccarat. Rest assured that it is impossible to rig this sort of game, since everything is happening in real-time. But reputable casinos are always licensed and regulated. They have third parties on board, monitoring game transparency and fairness. But if you ever had doubts whatsoever with regards to games, baccarat live would make sure those concerns are unfounded.
Table action is handled by professional dealers who specialize in interacting with online players. Take your virtual seat and wait for the dealer to greet you. Throughout the game, they will answer any questions you might have. There are built-in chat features so you can message any time.
FAQs about baccarat
What is online baccarat?
Baccarat is a casino table game played with eight decks of cards that are dealt from a shoe. Online baccarat comes in various forms such baccarat live where games are live streamed to devices. Other formats use random number generator software to deal cards between the player and dealer. The ultimate objective and gameplay are the same as the version of the game in brick-and-mortar casinos.
However, the objective and gameplay remain the same as baccarat found in land-based casinos.
What is the best card for the Player?
A six in baccarat is the greatest card for the player hand. The Player hand has an optimum probability of 0.446367 chance of getting the win.
What is the best card for the Banker?
In baccarat, a four is the best card for the Banker’s hand. The Banker hand a 0.458673 probability of cashing in.
What is baccarat commission vs. non-commission?
Whenever you indulge in baccarat online play, there is a standard commission of 5% involved. This is whenever the Banker’s hand wins. If the games are non-commissioned, you don’t have to pay anything if you win after betting on the Banker’s Hand. Instead, if the Banker wins with a value of six, the commission is 50% for those winning bets.
Is it best bet on the Banker in baccarat?
The Player and Tie bets, have a 44.63% and 9.51% probability of winning respectively. The Banker’s bet has the highest chance of winning at 45.87% in baccarat online play. However, there is a commission involved. The probability difference between Banker and Player bets is small. When playing baccarat, players should switch up their wagers between the two.
How to win in baccarat casino game?
The objective in baccarat casino game is to get a hand that has a value closest to nine. It becomes tricky if you want to win real money in baccarat. You must guess accurately if the Banker or Player’s hand will win the baccarat online play.
Are there strategies to follow in online baccarat?
Just like roulette, baccarat online play is a game of luck. Thus, you can’t really follow a strategy, and the house always has an edge. Some people like to bet on the Banker only, due to the slightly better house edge. Few always stay away from the Tie bet.
Remember, playing online baccarat is a game of chance. Technically you will always be limited when it comes to boosting the chances of winning the jackpot. So make sure to read and understand the rules to baccarat before you start playing this game online!